Tuesday 12 August 2014

Broken Dolls

Porcelain face, cloudy blue eyes 
Scarlet red lips, glass heart 
Lifeless smile 
Your broken doll 
Perfect hair, perfect body 
Perfect lies, perfect everything 
You dress me up, comb my hair 
Model me the way you want me to be 
Tied up in laces, caked with perfume 
Erases the hidden flaws
When you get bored with me 
You put me back on the shelf 
To play with me later 
As I slowly decay and frost 
Do you love me now? 
I gazed in the mirror 
And see lies surfacing a pain 
That's all it is, is lies 
I don't see the real me 
Just someone who you want me to be 
Someone I'll never become 
My hollow eyes stared at the nothingness 
As I pull off this mask 
Revealing the truth, what the mirror can't see 
But you don't like me this way 
I'm hideous 
I'm not real to you anymore 
What if I was a paper doll? 

No comments:

Exit

A dark and twisted dream  With no seeming end  Search for exits  From this hell within  Nothing fills this empty void  Nothi...